GRADES Pre-Kindergarten-Grade 6: Send any physicals, immunizations, medication orders, or communication of health concerns to Mrs. Lindsley (firstname.lastname@example.org). Emails regarding attendance issues or excuses for absence should be forwarded to her as well. Early pick-ups or change of bus notes should be directed to the ES Main Office.GRADES 7-12: Send any physicals, immunizations, medication orders, or communication of health concerns to Ms. Allen (email@example.com). Emails regarding attendance issues or excuses for absence should be forwarded to her as well. Early pick-ups or change of bus notes need to be directed to the Jr-Sr HS Main Office.
- NYS requires certain immunizations for school attendance. To see if your student is up to date please reference the immunizations tab for the list of immunizations needed
- Acceptable proof of the immunization(s) required needs to be brought to the nurse before the first two weeks of school. After Sept. 19, 2023 any student with a missing required immunization can not physically be in attendance at school until proof of immunization is provided
- The school nurse will let you know if your child owes an immunization to be at school via letters sent home in April 2023, June 2023 and a final notice over the summer
- New York state requires new health physicals for Pre-K, Kindergarten, grades 1,3,5,7,9,11 and any new student to Cato-Meridian.
- The school nurse will let you know if your child owes a health physical to be at school via letters sent home in June 2023 and a final notice over the summer for the 2023-2024 school year
- The link for the NYS health exam is found here in printable pdf form, please bring it to your appointment and have the doctor fax it to the nurses office at Cato-Meridian.
- NYS law requires a new Doctor’s order every school year for your child to have medication at school. Please get a new Doctor’s order and a written note from the parent and have it faxed or dropped off to the school for the 2023-2024 school year
- This includes over the counter medication such as tylenol/ibuprofen/midol
- Medications need to be dropped off by an adult in its organically prescription container and clearly labeled to the school nurse at the beginning of the school year
- Students can self-carry inhalers or epipens (most common in the High School) but they do still require a Doctor's note to self carry and self administer the medication.
- School nurses are required to screen students on vision, hearing and scoliosis who have not had it completed on their NYS physical with the provider for the following requirements per NYS
NYS specific screening requirements:
- Vision: new students, pre-K/K, 1,3,5,7,11
- Hearing: new students, pre-K/K, 1,3,5,7,11
- Scoliosis: new students, grade 5 and 7 girls, grade 9 boys
- If there is a concern from our screening we will contact parents.
- If your student currently has a Doctor’s note to be out of gym/ sports that note will carry over to the 2023-2024 school year unless a new doctor note stating they are cleared for sports/gym is provided to the school nurse.
Alexis Lindsley, RNRegistered Nurse, Pre-Kindergarten - Grade 62851 State Route 370
Cato, NY 13033Phone: (315) 626-3439 ext. 1831Fax: (315) 626-3446
Charissa Allen, RN
Registered Nurse, Grades 7-12
2851 State Route 370
Cato, NY 13033
Phone: 315-626-3439, Extension 3831
Fax: (315) 626-3321